We would like to take the opportunity to share our Kadima@BJ plan for the fall with you. We have made the decision to hold Kadima@BJ virtually from September-December. This decision was not made lightly. While we would like nothing more than to see your children in person every week, given the reality of COVID-19, that will not be possible. This decision was made to ensure the safety and well-being of every student, parent, and staff member. We will offer pop-up events when possible, and our hope is to return in person in January 2021.
Kadima Virtual Plan
This virtual plan will allow us to:
- Ensure that our students can receive a Jewish education while staying safe, healthy, and socially and emotionally supported.
- Ensure that our students and families feel socially and spiritually connected, even while physically distant, and that BJ is a space they can turn to in times of need.
- Ensure that we are creating an environment where our students can be active Jewish participants in this virtual world.
While the times we are living in are challenging, we are filled with so much pride and gratitude. We would like to share with you just a few of the many successes from our spring virtual Kadima@BJ program:
- With 80% attendance weekly, our teachers and students were able to connect and continue to build the relationships they started in person.
- 100 households showed up for our last day of virtual Kadima@BJ.
These virtual months have given us the opportunity to reflect on what worked well, make tweaks where needed, and start our planning for the upcoming school year. Thank you for sharing your children with us. We look forward to learning together in the fall!