Renew Your Membership: 2023-2024
Important Information For Renewing Members
We are so grateful that you continue to make BJ your spiritual home.
- Current members have been sent personalized emails with instructions on how to renew. Check your inbox or spam folder for emails from email@example.com. The first renewal email was sent on June 8, 2023. If you cannot find your renewal form, click here to let us know.
- Our membership dues are set according to a sliding scale based on household income. This year, there is a 2% increase in dues for households with an income of less than $50,000, and a 4% increase for all other households. If our sliding scale dues are not affordable for you, you have the option to pay what you can. While last year we were able to keep our dues stable with no increase, this year’s increase reflects the reality of rising inflation, and especially the resulting impact on personnel costs, along with ongoing investments in security and technology.
- To renew your membership, your account must be in good standing. Members who are not in good standing will not be eligible to receive a renewal form.
- Renewing earlier will give you priority access to High Holy Days registration. Renew by June 30 to be among the first to select your High Holy Days services when registration opens on July 17.
- Only members in good standing will be able to register for in-person High Holy Days entrance cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have special pricing for students, young adults, seniors, or out-of-town households?
Young adults, seniors, students, and out-of-towners are important contributors to our community, and we endeavor to do all that we can to help them join and remain members. Rather than having special membership category pricing, we invite those whose income is limited, for any reason, to set their own membership dues. Becoming a member this way is easy and requires no interview or additional paperwork.
Can I pay my dues in installments?
Yes! You can pay in monthly or quarterly installments, which can be set up as part of your membership renewal process. For more information about payment plans, please contact Matthew Davey.
How do I pay my open balance online?
You can use this form for payment of open balances on your household account. Please make sure that you have already completed your membership renewal form prior to submitting payment for your membership dues.
I am in a difficult financial position and cannot afford my designated dues amount. What should I do?
Finances are never a barrier to joining the BJ community, and no one will be turned away for financial reasons. If sliding scale dues are not affordable for you, you have the option to pay what you can by setting your own dues. Monthly or quarterly payment plans are also available.
What does it mean to be a member in good standing?
BJ’s bylaws require members to be in Good Standing to access all the benefits of membership, including pastoral care and lifecycle support, High Holy Days seating, and participation in the Annual Meeting.
How many High Holy Days entrance cards do I get with my membership?
Our members in good standing are entitled to a High Holy Days entrance card for each family member in the household account. BJ policy allows adult children to be a part of their parent’s household account up to and including 26 years of age.