Jewrisprudence: Frontiers of Modern Jewish Law
How is our timeless halakhic (Jewish legal) system responding to questions of Jewish law emerging from our fast-paced, open-sourced, multi-vocal, technology-saturated, and rapidly changing world? Join Rabbi Adina Lewittes as we analyze contemporary teshuvot (rabbinic responses), study the systems of change that have maintained the relevance of Jewish observance for millennia, explore the dynamism within the boundaries of Jewish law, and learn to articulate, in the language of tradition, the commitments to observance and practice that frame your Jewish life.
- February 19: No class
- February 26: Shabbat Law: Shabbat and the Digital World
- March 5 (Thursday): Drinking on Purim: Cocktails and Mock-Tales
- March 11: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles: Transportation on Shabbat
- March 18: No class
- March 25: No class
- April 1: Pesah Prep in the Modern Kitchen, or, Pre-Pesah Liberation
- April 8: No class (Pesah)
- April 15: No class (Pesah)
- April 29: No class (Yom Ha’atzmaut)
- May 13: No class
We will address many more current halakhic questions througout the series. Suggestions are always welcome!